Other Expense and Revenue accounts help capture costs and income that may not be considered fieldwork or input related such as crop insurance, utilities, and other miscellaneous categories on your income statement. Use the Other Expense and Revenue features to track costs and income attributed to overhead for the entire business, specific Marketing crops, or individual field crops.
To add expense and revenue accounts and log entries:
- In the upper-right corner, click your initials.
- In the menu, click Farm settings.
- On the Settings page, click Expense & Revenue Accounts.
- Click Add revenue account or Add expense account.
- Enter the name of the expense or revenue account, then click Save.
- In the menu, click Other Expenses or Other Revenue.
- Click Log Expense or Log Revenue.
- Fill in the expense or revenue details and how you would like it allocated, then click Log expense or Log revenue.
- To view the expense or revenue, in the menu, click Profit & Loss.
- For expenses or revenue allocated to the entire business (overhead), the cost or income will be reflected in the top line and details will be in their own section at the bottom of the screen. For expenses or revenue allocated to a Marketing crop or field crop, details will be on the individual crop card(s).